RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK 1 DAY
- Departing time from Cuzco: at 4:00 am
- Hike distance: 12 km/7 ½ miles “total”
- Starting Point of the hike: Quesiuno 4,326 m/14,189 ft.
- Rainbow Summit: 5,020 m / 16,466 ft.
- Hike difficulty: Challenging!
We will pick you up at 4:00AM from your hotel in Cusco. It is about a 3hrs ½ driving on our private transport.When we reach the trailhead for this hike, we are going to have a hot breakfast upon arrival and then start hiking toward the rainbow mountain, this will take us around 4 hours. (Depending on fitness level) After breakfast and packing some snacks for route, we will begin the hike from Chillca at (4300m/14,200 ft elevation). From here it will be a 4 hour approx. Uphill hike to reach the famous Rainbow Mountains. Along the way you will enjoy amazing views of the Andes, glacial, red mountains, rocky hills, and traditional llamas and alpacas grazing along the valley. As you reach the summit of the mountain you will be able to spot some Andean wildlife. Vicuñas are considered to be the Andean camel and this is the only place in Cusco where you will see them in the wild. Vicuñas are in the same family as llamas, though are much smaller and they have the most expensive wool in the world.
Once we arrive at the top of what we come to see “Rainbow Mountain”, you will have enough time to take photos and relax yourself on the top majesty area views. All of the mountains that surround this area are red and there are amazing views of the valleys and Ausangate Glacier Peak right in front of you. Ausangate is the tallest mountain of the Cusco region. While taking view of this magnificent, colorful mountain views our staff will bring you some hot drinks while sharing information with you about the composition of these incredible mountains and how they became striated in the rainbows of colors you are seeing. After taking a few amazing pictures and soaking in the views (perhaps we will even see a few condors around by) we will begin our descent with a 2 hour downhill hike. We will then meet up with our trekking chef and enjoy the delicious, freshly prepared hot lunch. After lunch we will start returning to Chillca village to catch our private transport back to Cusco, arriving around 7PM approx. , where we will drop you off at your hotel.
Price: $190 USD per person
- Discount of USD20 for students with the student international card (ISIC Card). we need a copy of the card at booking and you have to bring to Perú with you
- Discount of USD20 for minors of 16 years old that send us a copy of their passport at booking.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Private transportation to the trailhead
- Breakfast at the trailhead
- Entrance fee into Rainbow Mountain (Cerro colorado)
- English speaking Tour guide for the entire trip
- Drinking hot water
- Freshly prepared hot lunch
- First Aid kit
- Porters & Cook
- Dining tent, chairs & tables
- Private toilet
- Botle wáter and Tips
How to Make Booking
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING
To successfully make a booking you must:
- Click on Booking Now and fill out the request.
- Receive a booking form, fill out and send us.
- Make your deposit.
- Receive your confirmation from us via email and that it is all.
Payment options: PayPal, Bank deposit, and Western Union wire (for bank deposits or Western Union please contact us for details).
WE PREFER PAYPAL
We prefer to use PayPal simply because it is the biggest and most respected online payment processor on the Internet in our era.
PayPal enables any individual or business to pay and get paid online safely and easily from around the world. Pay without revealing your debit or credit card numbers, or your bank account details. It has a speed through checkout. There’s no need to enter your address details.
YOU DON’T HAVE PAYPAL? NO PROBLEM!
You do not need to have a PayPal account to book with us.
You can easily pay us by using your credit card or bank account via Pureq Experiences account page.
Just click the Buy Now button below to make a purchase.
Note: if you don’t have your own PayPal account, please refer to the bottom left corner of our PayPal page – click continue.
PROCESS OF FULL BOOKING
1. – We will email you booking forms for completion.
These forms will outline the details that we need from each of you – passport number, nationality, full name etc. We do not need a scan of your passport. If you are a student, we need the number of your ISIC student card, and a scan of your card. With Inca Trail bookings, we need this at the same time as your booking.
2.- Nonrefundable deposit to confirm your reservation.
- FOR UNIQUE PACKAGE TOURS: Deposit: 25 % of the program price per person
- FOR UNIQUE ADVENTURE JOURNEYS: Deposit: USD 225 dollars per person
When sending you the booking forms, we will also send you further information about how to make your deposit. Payment options include: 1. Paypal (accept Credit Cards) 2.Bank deposit 3. Western Union
- Please note that there are costs involved in both making international bank transfers or a Western Union transfer – in both cases the costs will be paid by the client, NOT Pureq Experiences.
- Please note that this deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE as described in the General Terms and Conditions. We highly recommend you take out travel insurance that covers such deposits in the case of cancellation.
3.- Upon receipt of your deposit, we will confirm your trek via email.
LEASE read this confirmation – it includes details of your pre trek briefing, our address as well as how to pay the balance.
4.- Arrival in Cusco (only for treks)
the balance of your payment can be paid upon arrival in CASH. (As long as you arrive in Cusco a MINIMUM of 48 hours prior to your trip’s departure unless by prior arrangement)
- For those that wish to pay the balance of their trek fee via PayPal or bank deposit or Western Union, please ask your travel consultant for more information.
- For cancellation policy, please refer to our General Booking Conditions.
Pay by Paypal
- Valid, GREEN ISIC CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good 20 to 30 liters daypack
- Water storage: Camelback enough for at least 2-3 liters.
- Comfortable hiking boots
FOR YOUR DUFFEL:
Porters will carry up to 7 kg of your personal items. This must include your sleeping bag and air matt (if you bring/rent one). I f you rent in our office both, the weight is 3.5 kg total.
- Extra t-shirts
- Extra hiking pants
- Set of hiking socks
- Warm jacket:, because gets very cold at some nights
- wool hat
- Headlamp: essential
- Waterproof gloves (even if they are ski gloves, take them)
- Sandals for camp
- Battery Charger: There is no place to plug in while trekking!
- Large plastic bags: to help organize and keep clean from dirty.
- Sleeping bag: Recommend down bags for -10C at least
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication: First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACKS:
We always recommend the small ones. Because inside Machu Picchu, no larger back bags than 25L will be allowed in. Other ways, you will need to store outside.
- Rain gear
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips
- Rain jacket and pants, or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)