INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
- Trek Type: Hiking.
- Who For: People with sense of hiking, not need to be in shape
- Temperature: Warm, temperature 20 C°
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Highest altitude: 2700 masl.
This trip allows a taste of the Inca Trail without days of hiking and camping. We begin the hike from the train stop at Kilometre 104 and follow the trail for six hours approximately to the spectacular view of Machu Picchu from Inti Punku, The gate of the Sun. From here we descend into the world famous “Machupicchu”. After a restful night in a hotel, we return to Machu Picchu to see the ruins in perfect morning light. In the afternoon, we return to Cusco by train
DAY 1: CUSCO – CHACHABAMBA – WIÑAYWAYNA – MACHUPICCHU
At 4:00 am, pick up from your Hotel in Cusco for our drive to Ollantaytambo`s train station, which is one hour and 45 minutes, the train leaves at 6:10 am and gets Kilometre 104 at 7:15 am, once on kilometre 104 we will see the beginning of the Sacred Inca Trail. At the check point we will show tickets and passports and organize everything for the hike.
And then We start our hike visiting the Chachabamba archaeological site from where we will start hiking uphill until we arrive to Wiñay wayna archaeological complex after 3 hours approximately where we will have lunch and explanation about this wonderful Inca site, lately we will continue our hike to SUN GATE to have the first view of Machu picchu from where we will descend 1 more hour to take the bus to the town of aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a Hotel.
Second day AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES – CUSCO
At 5:30 am, we will take one of the first buses from Aguas Calientes Town to Machupicchu sanctuary. We will enjoy a Guided tour for 2 hours to visit the great Machupicchu Santuary.
There is an optional hike (NOT INCLUDED) for the more energetic and adventurous people in the group, which is the top of Huayna picchu Mountain, the Pyramid – shaped peak that overlooks Machupicchu.
After our visit, we will take the bus back down to Aguas calientes, where you can enjoy lunch on your own. In the afternoon we`ll take the train (at 14:55 or 16:20) back to Ollantaytambo, where our staff will be waiting for you, for transfer back to Cusco, arriving at 20:00 approximately to your selected hotel in Cusco.
Price: $470 USD per person
- Discount of USD20 for students with the student international card (ISIC Card). we need a copy of the card at booking and you have to bring to Perú with you
- Discount of USD20 for minors of 16 years old that send us a copy of their passport at booking.
- Briefing: At least briefing has to be two day before your trek (to organize everything the next day). We will come to your hotel for briefing.
- Transportation: All your transportation is included in this trek.
- You will be picked up directly from your hotel around 4 a.m. in Cusco and drive to train station in Ollantaytambo. Once you back to Ollantaytambo we will take you back to Cusco to your selected hotel as well
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Bus from machupicchu archeological site to Aguas Calientes town (first day)
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu archeological site up and down (second day)
- Professional Tour Guide: All of them speak English, graduated in tourism and well-trained in first aid measures. All them grew up in Cusco and have a passion to teach others about their heritage. They are experts in their field working at least 5 years in tourism and will ensure your safety and happiness.
- Access Tickets: As soon as we receive your personal information and a deposit, we are going to purchase your access tickets to all sites included in the program
- Food: You will enjoy Peruvian box lunch the first day and delicious dinner in Aguas Calientes. We honor all food restrictions. Be sure to remind your tour guide of any food restrictions at briefing.
- Drinking Water: We will proved you a small drinking water bottle.
- First Aid: all our guides receive training in first aid from a physician. Our tour guide will always have a first-aid kit for basic medical problems (traveler’s diarrhea, cuts, scrapes, etc.) and oxygen. We will get you off the trail as quickly and comfortably as possible, and ensure you get directly to a clinic for treatment, if needed.
- Hotel: we work with 2 start hotels, with private bathroom, hot water and for your comfort they are private rooms with WIFE connection. If you wish to upgrade hotel please ask for options.
- Food: First day breakfast and Lunch the last day.
- Walking Sticks (Pair): If you don’t want to bring, it´s available for rent: $10 for whole trek
- Waynapicchu: Is $15 . Arrangements need to be made at least one month in advance, due to popularity. Is the mountain that stands background to Machu Picchu. It is 55 minutes hike up. Going back down is quite steep, if you are scared of heights. You will do this after your tour in Machu Picchu.
How to Make Booking
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING
To successfully make a booking you must:
- Click on Booking Now and fill out the request.
- Receive a booking form, fill out and send us.
- Make your deposit.
- Receive your confirmation from us via email and that it is all.
Payment options: PayPal, Bank deposit, and Western Union wire (for bank deposits or Western Union please contact us for details).
WE PREFER PAYPAL
We prefer to use PayPal simply because it is the biggest and most respected online payment processor on the Internet in our era.
PayPal enables any individual or business to pay and get paid online safely and easily from around the world. Pay without revealing your debit or credit card numbers, or your bank account details. It has a speed through checkout. There’s no need to enter your address details.
YOU DON’T HAVE PAYPAL? NO PROBLEM!
You do not need to have a PayPal account to book with us.
You can easily pay us by using your credit card or bank account via Pureq Experiences account page.
Just click the Buy Now button below to make a purchase.
Note: if you don’t have your own PayPal account, please refer to the bottom left corner of our PayPal page – click continue.
PROCESS OF FULL BOOKING
1. – We will email you booking forms for completion.
These forms will outline the details that we need from each of you – passport number, nationality, full name etc. We do not need a scan of your passport. If you are a student, we need the number of your ISIC student card, and a scan of your card. With Inca Trail bookings, we need this at the same time as your booking.
2.- Nonrefundable deposit to confirm your reservation.
- FOR UNIQUE PACKAGE TOURS: Deposit: 25 % of the program price per person
- FOR UNIQUE ADVENTURE JOURNEYS: Deposit: USD 225 dollars per person
When sending you the booking forms, we will also send you further information about how to make your deposit. Payment options include: 1. Paypal (accept Credit Cards) 2.Bank deposit 3. Western Union
- Please note that there are costs involved in both making international bank transfers or a Western Union transfer – in both cases the costs will be paid by the client, NOT Pureq Experiences.
- Please note that this deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE as described in the General Terms and Conditions. We highly recommend you take out travel insurance that covers such deposits in the case of cancellation.
3.- Upon receipt of your deposit, we will confirm your trek via email.
LEASE read this confirmation – it includes details of your pre trek briefing, our address as well as how to pay the balance.
4.- Arrival in Cusco (only for treks)
the balance of your payment can be paid upon arrival in CASH. (As long as you arrive in Cusco a MINIMUM of 48 hours prior to your trip’s departure unless by prior arrangement)
- For those that wish to pay the balance of their trek fee via PayPal or bank deposit or Western Union, please ask your travel consultant for more information.
- For cancellation policy, please refer to our General Booking Conditions.
Pay by Paypal
- Valid, GREEN ISIC CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good 20 to 30 liters daypack
- Water storage: Camelback enough for at least 2-3 liters.
- Comfortable hiking boots
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication: First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACKS:
We always recommend the small ones. Because inside Machu Picchu, no larger back bags than 25L will be allowed in. Other ways, you will need to store outside.
- Rain gear
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips
- Rain jacket and pants, or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco) & extra clothes