INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 3 DAYS
- Trek Type: Hiking, adventure,
- Who For: People with sense of adventure and jungle, shape is not the most important
- Temperature: warm, temperature 15°C
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Highest altitude: 2700masl/
Adventure begins with highest ZIPLINING in Perú then the hike goes through extraordinary landscapes and different ecosystems with an abundant variety of flora, where you appreciate the sacred “Coca Leaves” of the Incas. This program allows you to admire Machupicchu with wonderful view from Llactapata, an Inca site built on the top of a mountain, right on the opposite side of Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco – Malaga Pass – Hot Spring – Santa Teresa
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 4:30am to begin our unique experience. Driving still in dark in our private transportation for 1:30 hours until Ollantaytambo for breakfast, which is not included in the program, after our breakfast we´ll continue for 1 more hour to the highest point, Málaga pass at 4,350/14,272ft of elevation where we could appreciate some beautiful snowy peaks, After some pictures we will descend into the jungle to see lot of fruits as passion fruit, papaw, banana, mangoes, oranges, pineapple and unique COCA BUSHES. Once we get Santa Teresa, we go for the most adventure activities. 6 ZIPLINE CABLES will be waiting for us. The highest ZIPLINING in Peru. After this incredible experiences lunch will be served in Santa Teresa. In the afternoon we will go to COLCALMAYO HOT SPRING where we´ll enjoy the always appreciated warm water. In the late afternoon we back to Santa Teresa, where we´ll have our dinner and spend the night in lodge.
Day 2: Santa Teresa – Llaqtapa – Aguas Calientes
After an early breakfast, transfer from Santa Teresa to Lucmabamba by car, where we start the official Inca Trail. On the way up we will see a lot of coffee farmers; if you want to help them, you can buy a bag of coffee for home. This hike will take us about 3 to 4 hours to reach Puncuyoc Pass which is at 2850m/9350ft of elevation. After a bit of break we start descend to reach Archaeological site of Llactapata, from here we can see Machupicchu right in front of us, “IT WILL BE UNIQUE VIEW”. Some more minutes away from the site we will have lunch. After lunch, we´ll continue descending for 2 hours approximately until a beautiful white river. From the river is 1 more hours until Hydroelectric, where we are going to take the train to Aguas Calientes. Dinner and sweet dreams in hotel
Day 3: Machupicchu – Cusco
Very early morning, we take a 25 minutes bus up to Machupicchu (2400m/7874ft of elevation). Our guide will lead us to explore and discover each corner within the enigmatic Citadel. The guided tour will be for 2 hours approximately. Afterwards, you will still have some time to visit other places that you did not see with your guide. In the afternoon we will back to Aguas Calientes town by bus where we will take the train (at 14:55: or 16:20) back to Ollantaytambo, where our staff will be waiting for you, for transfer back to Cusco, arriving at 20:00 approximately to your selected hotel in Cusco.
Price: $550 USD per person
- Discount of USD20 for students with the student international card (ISIC Card). we need a copy of the card at booking and you have to bring to Perú with you
- Discount of USD20 for minors of 16 years old that send us a copy of their passport at booking.
- Briefing: At least briefing has to be two day before your trek (to organize everything the next day). We will come to your hotel for briefing.
- Transportation: All your transportation is included in this trek.
- You will be picked up directly from your hotel around 4:30 a.m. in Cusco and drive to Santa Teresa, where our activities start. The second day from Santa Teresa to head trail.
- Train from Hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes day 2 and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo day 3 and then transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu archeological site up and down
- Professional Tour Guide: All of them speak English, graduated in tourism and well-trained in first aid measures. All them grew up in Cusco and have a passion to teach others about their heritage. They are experts in their field working at least 5 years in tourism and will ensure your safety and happiness.
- Access Tickets: As soon as we receive your personal information and a deposit, we are going to purchase your access tickets to all sites
- Food: You will enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner each day of the adventure. We honor all food restrictions. Be sure to remind your tour guide of any food restrictions at the beginning of your trek.
- First Aid: all our guides receive training in first aid from a physician. Our tour guide will always have a first-aid kit for basic medical problems (traveler’s diarrhea, cuts, scrapes, etc.). We will get you off the trail as quickly and comfortably as possible, and ensure you get directly to a clinic for treatment, if needed.
- Zip line: This activity includes with all equipment for your safety
- Hotel: we work with basic lodge and basic hotel, with private bathroom, hot water and for your comfort they are private rooms with WIFE connection. If you wish to upgrade hotel please ask for options.
- Food: First day breakfast and Lunch the last day.
- Walking Sticks (Pair): If you don’t want to bring, it´s available for rent: $5 for whole trek
- Huayna Picchu: Is $20. Arrangements need to be made at least one month in advance, due to popularity. Huayna Picchu is the mountain standing background to Machu Picchu. It is 60 minutes hike up. Going back down is quite steep, if you are scared of heights. You can do this after your tour in Machu Picchu.
- Drinking Water: all bottle waters are not included in this tour.
How to Make Booking
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING
To successfully make a booking you must:
- Click on Booking Now and fill out the request.
- Receive a booking form, fill out and send us.
- Make your deposit.
- Receive your confirmation from us via email and that it is all.
Payment options: PayPal, Bank deposit, and Western Union wire (for bank deposits or Western Union please contact us for details).
WE PREFER PAYPAL
We prefer to use PayPal simply because it is the biggest and most respected online payment processor on the Internet in our era.
PayPal enables any individual or business to pay and get paid online safely and easily from around the world. Pay without revealing your debit or credit card numbers, or your bank account details. It has a speed through checkout. There’s no need to enter your address details.
YOU DON’T HAVE PAYPAL? NO PROBLEM!
You do not need to have a PayPal account to book with us.
You can easily pay us by using your credit card or bank account via Pureq Experiences account page.
Just click the Buy Now button below to make a purchase.
Note: if you don’t have your own PayPal account, please refer to the bottom left corner of our PayPal page – click continue.
PROCESS OF FULL BOOKING
1. – We will email you booking forms for completion.
These forms will outline the details that we need from each of you – passport number, nationality, full name etc. We do not need a scan of your passport. If you are a student, we need the number of your ISIC student card, and a scan of your card. With Inca Trail bookings, we need this at the same time as your booking.
2.- Nonrefundable deposit to confirm your reservation.
- FOR UNIQUE PACKAGE TOURS: Deposit: 25 % of the program price per person
- FOR UNIQUE ADVENTURE JOURNEYS: Deposit: USD 225 dollars per person
When sending you the booking forms, we will also send you further information about how to make your deposit. Payment options include: 1. Paypal (accept Credit Cards) 2.Bank deposit 3. Western Union
- Please note that there are costs involved in both making international bank transfers or a Western Union transfer – in both cases the costs will be paid by the client, NOT Pureq Experiences.
- Please note that this deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE as described in the General Terms and Conditions. We highly recommend you take out travel insurance that covers such deposits in the case of cancellation.
3.- Upon receipt of your deposit, we will confirm your trek via email.
LEASE read this confirmation – it includes details of your pre trek briefing, our address as well as how to pay the balance.
4.- Arrival in Cusco (only for treks)
the balance of your payment can be paid upon arrival in CASH. (As long as you arrive in Cusco a MINIMUM of 48 hours prior to your trip’s departure unless by prior arrangement)
- For those that wish to pay the balance of their trek fee via PayPal or bank deposit or Western Union, please ask your travel consultant for more information.
- For cancellation policy, please refer to our General Booking Conditions.
Pay by Paypal
- Valid, GREEN ISIC CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good 20 to 30 liters daypack
- Water storage: Camelback enough for at least 2-3 liters.
- Comfortable hiking boots
FOR YOUR DUFFEL:
Porters will carry up to 7 kg of your personal items. This must include your sleeping bag and air matt (if you bring/rent one). I f you rent in our office both, the weight is 3.5 kg total.
- Extra t-shirts
- Extra hiking pants
- Set of hiking socks
- Warm jacket:, because gets very cold at some nights
- wool hat
- Headlamp: essential
- Waterproof gloves (even if they are ski gloves, take them)
- Sandals for camp
- Battery Charger: There is no place to plug in while trekking!
- Large plastic bags: to help organize and keep clean from dirty.
- Sleeping bag: Recommend down bags for -10C at least
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication: First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACKS:
We always recommend the small ones. Because inside Machu Picchu, no larger back bags than 25L will be allowed in. Other ways, you will need to store outside.
- Rain gear
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips
- Rain jacket and pants, or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)