4 DAYS 3 NIGHTS CLASSIC INCA TRAIL
- Trek Type: Hiking, adventure, camping
- Who For: People with sense of adventure and in good shape
- Temperature: Cold, temperature may go below 0 C° /32f at night
- Difficulty: Challenging
- Highest altitude: 4,200m/13,780ft
The Inca civilization, did great buildings with the ability to integrate the most astonish network in the old World, almost 30,000 kilometres Inca roads, many of which are still in use today.
4 days 3 nights inca trail : this adventure will take us into the mountains and valleys past villages untill we reach Machupicchu.
DAY 1 CUSCO – LLULLUCHAPAMPA
We will pick you up from hotel in Cusco around 4.30am and transfer to Ollantaytambo, where we will stop approximately 45 minutes for breakfast (not included). We will then drive to Km 82 (2600masl), arriving at about 8:00AM. After preparing all our equipment, we will go through the first Inca Trail checkpoint to begin our trek (please make sure you have your original passport with you to enter the Inca Trail). The first 2 hours of hiking are relatively easy. After a short break we will continue our hike for another 30 more minutes to see Archeological site of Patallacta. From Patallacta it is going to be another 2 more hours for lunch in Wayllabamba (3000masl). After lunch we will hike for 3 more hours uphill, until we reach our first night´s campsite at Llulluchapampa (3700masl). This uphill will be challenge but it will be worth it. Once at campsite we will enjoy our hot afternoon tea and our first delicious dinner. Night in tents.
DAY 2 LLULLUCHAPAMPA – CHAQUICCOCHA
Early in the morning porters will wake you up with a hot cup of coca tea to get you ready for the challenge day. After breakfast we will begin our walk slowly for 2 hours approximately until DEAD WOMEN (4215masl/13829feet). Short break on the top for picture and we will start descending into Pacaymayo valley. It will take us 2 hours slow down hill until lunch spot. Break for 1 hour enjoying delicious mountain lunch. After lunch we start again uphill for another 2 hours to reach Runkuracay pass (3900masl), on the way uphill we will visit small Archeological site. After second pass it will be another downhill for 2 more hours with beautiful views of; lagoon, woodland and Sayaqmarka Archeological Site (do not miss it). We will get to our campsite Chaquicocha by 5pm, where we will enjoy our afternoon tea and our delicious dinner. Night in tents
DAY 3 CHAQUICCOCHA – WIÑAYWAYNA
After porters call with hot cup of coca tea and breakfast we start the most beautiful day. We will hike for 2 hours inca trail 100 % paved with stones, enjoying view of snow mountains, deep valleys and definitely many porters (Andean people). Once we get Puyupatamarka, the view is simply astonishing. After short break we will visit the Archeological Site of Puyupatamarka (if we are lucky we can see mountain Machupicchu and Waynapicchu). From here it will be thousand meter stairs downhill or three thousand feet stairs downhill and it will take us 3 hours until Intipata (farming terraces since inca times). After short relax we will get lunch spot in Wiñaywayna campsite and break for 1 hour after lunch. Late in the afternoon we will go to visit our last inca site Wiñaywayna (this is like small version of Machupicchu). Back to our Wiñaywayna camp we will have our everyday afternoon hot tea and our delicious dinner. Today after dinner we will say goodbye to our porters and cook and thank them for their good job. After farewell we advise to go bed early, because we will get up the next day very early to go Machupicchu.
DAY 4 WIÑAYWAYNA – MACHUPICCHU
Early morning breakfast, after we will walk to Intipuncu called Sun Gate where we will be able to observe the impressive Lost City of Machupicchu, walk to the Sanctuary and have guided tour. At a suitable hour we will take bus down to Aguas Calientes Village and go to the station to take the return train to Cusco, reception and transfer to hotel.
Price: $695USD per person
- Discount of USD20 for students with the student international card (ISIC Card). we need a copy of the card at booking and you have to bring to Perú with you
- Discount of USD20 for minors of 16 years old that send us a copy of their passport at booking.
- Briefing: At least briefing has to be two day before your trek (to organize everything the next day). We will come to your hotel for briefing.
- Transportation: All your transportation is included in this trek.
- You will be picked up directly from your hotel around 4:30 a.m. in Cusco and drive to trailhead to begin your trek.
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- Bus from Machu Picchu archeological to Aguas Calientes one way
- Professional Tour Guide: All of them speak English, graduated in tourism and well-trained in first aid measures. All them grew up in Cusco and have a passion to teach others about their heritage. They are experts in their field working at least 5 years in tourism and will ensure your safety and happiness.
- Access Tickets: As soon as we receive your personal information and a deposit, we are going to purchase your access tickets to all sites
- Cook: Our cooks are very well trained, working for many years on Inca trail as cook, so they have experience for cooking really good for our hikers
- Porters: People from the Andes (from different communities), who carry all equipment for camping, food and 7 kilos of duffel bag with your stuff in
- Equipment: We provide the finest equipment. We use Eureka tents, shared by only two people. Spacious dining tent with camp tables and chairs to enjoy our meals in, latrine tent, inflatable mattresses, sleeping liner and pillow and duffel bags (up to 7Kg/15lbs per person, it includes your sleeping bag). The duffel bag will be provided by your guide at your briefing.
- Food: You will enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner each day of the trek, along with a happy hour of hot tea each afternoon. We will also provide you snack each morning to enjoy along the day. Our chefs cook delicious meals that many previous trekkers have raved about. We honor all food restrictions. Be sure to remind your tour guide of any food restrictions at briefing. Food is typically served family-style.
- Drinking Water: Beginning from your first lunch until your 4th day breakfast, we will supply all the water needed. This water will be filtered, boiled and then cooled, before distributing. You must take your own water bottles or camel back. We recommend carrying about 2L worth. We will refill waters at each meal.
- First Aid: all our guides receive training in first aid from a physician. Our tour guide will always have a first-aid kit for basic medical problems (traveler’s diarrhea, cuts, scrapes, etc.) and oxygen. We will get you off the trail as quickly and comfortably as possible, and ensure you get directly to a clinic for treatment, if needed.
- Food: First day breakfast and Lunch the last day.
- Sleeping Bag: If you don’t want to bring, it´s available for rent: $20 for whole trek.
- Walking Sticks (Pair): If you don’t want to bring, it´s available for rent: $15 for whole trek
- Huayna Picchu: Is $70. Arrangements need to be made at least one month in advance, due to popularity. Is the mountain that stands background to Machu Picchu. It is 55 minutes hike up. Going back down is quite steep, if you are scared of heights. You will do this after your tour in Machu Picchu.
How to Make Booking
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING
To successfully make a booking you must:
- Click on Booking Now and fill out the request.
- Receive a booking form, fill out and send us.
- Make your deposit.
- Receive your confirmation from us via email and that it is all.
Payment options: PayPal, Bank deposit, and Western Union wire (for bank deposits or Western Union please contact us for details).
WE PREFER PAYPAL
We prefer to use PayPal simply because it is the biggest and most respected online payment processor on the Internet in our era. PayPal enables any individual or business to pay and get paid online safely and easily from around the world. Pay without revealing your debit or credit card numbers, or your bank account details. It has a speed through checkout. There’s no need to enter your address details.
YOU DON’T HAVE PAYPAL? NO PROBLEM!
You do not need to have a PayPal account to book with us. You can easily pay us by using your credit card or bank account via Pureq Experiences account page. Just click the Buy Now button below to make a purchase. Note: if you don’t have your own PayPal account, please refer to the bottom left corner of our PayPal page – click continue.
PROCESS OF FULL BOOKING
1. – We will email you booking forms for completion.
These forms will outline the details that we need from each of you – passport number, nationality, full name etc. We do not need a scan of your passport. If you are a student, we need the number of your ISIC student card, and a scan of your card. With Inca Trail bookings, we need this at the same time as your booking.
2.- Nonrefundable deposit to confirm your reservation.
- FOR UNIQUE PACKAGE TOURS: Deposit: 25 % of the program price per person
- FOR UNIQUE ADVENTURE JOURNEYS: Deposit: USD 225 dollars per person
When sending you the booking forms, we will also send you further information about how to make your deposit. Payment options include: 1. Paypal (accept Credit Cards) 2.Bank deposit 3. Western Union
- Please note that there are costs involved in both making international bank transfers or a Western Union transfer – in both cases the costs will be paid by the client, NOT Pureq Experiences.
- Please note that this deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE as described in the General Terms and Conditions. We highly recommend you take out travel insurance that covers such deposits in the case of cancellation.
3.- Upon receipt of your deposit, we will confirm your trek via email.
LEASE read this confirmation – it includes details of your pre trek briefing, our address as well as how to pay the balance.
4.- Arrival in Cusco (only for treks)
the balance of your payment can be paid upon arrival in CASH. (As long as you arrive in Cusco a MINIMUM of 48 hours prior to your trip’s departure unless by prior arrangement)
- For those that wish to pay the balance of their trek fee via PayPal or bank deposit or Western Union, please ask your travel consultant for more information.
- For cancellation policy, please refer to our General Booking Conditions.
Pay by Paypal
- Valid, GREEN ISIC CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good 20 to 30 liters daypack
- Water storage: Camelback enough for at least 2-3 liters.
- Comfortable hiking boots
FOR YOUR DUFFEL:
Porters will carry up to 7 kg of your personal items. This must include your sleeping bag and air matt (if you bring/rent one). I f you rent in our office both, the weight is 3.5 kg total.
- Extra t-shirts
- Extra hiking pants
- Set of hiking socks
- Warm jacket:, because gets very cold at some nights
- wool hat
- Headlamp: essential
- Waterproof gloves (even if they are ski gloves, take them)
- Sandals for camp
- Battery Charger: There is no place to plug in while trekking!
- Large plastic bags: to help organize and keep clean from dirty.
- Sleeping bag: Recommend down bags for -10C at least
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication: First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACKS:
We always recommend the small ones. Because inside Machu Picchu, no larger back bags than 25L will be allowed in. Other ways, you will need to store outside.
- Rain gear
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips
- Rain jacket and pants, or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)